NeoSpoon™ N761 1/8 tsp and 1/2 tsp
Features & Benefits
- An environmentally friendly, accurate method for measuring formula and fortification products in the NICU
- Facilitates accurate measurement in feeding preparation (formula, fortifiers, and modular components)
- One end of spoon is 1/8 teaspoon, other end is 1/2 teaspoon
- Dispense from 1/8 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon easily with just one spoon with easy mathematical calculation
- Environmentally friendly, biodegradable, compostable
- Good for babies, nurses, and the environment
- Packaged individually for use at the bedside or milk preparation area
- Not made with natural latex rubber
- Not made with plasticizer DEHP
Directions for Use:
1. Remove NeoSpoon from packaging 2. Measure desired amount of product 3. Dispose in recycling, compost, or trash receptacle
Can the NeoSpoon can be re-used?
The NeoSpoon is a designed for single use but in collaboration with your infection control department you can create a policy to determine if the NeoSpoon may be reused and for what duration.
Can I wash or sterilize the NeoSpoon?
Although the NeoSpoon looks sturdy it is made from biodegradable materials that will may not tolerate multiple washing or the heat of sterilization.
What is the NeoSpoon made from?
The NeoSpoon is made from biodegradable corn-based polymer materials.
What types of supplements can I use with the NeoSpoon?
The NeoSpoon can be used to measure any product used in your NICU, such as powdered or liquid human milk fortifiers, modular nutritional products ( protein, carbohydrates, or fat) and for fortifying breast milk with powdered infant formula in preparation for discharge.
Can I recycle the NeoSpoon?
Yes. The NeoSpoon is classified as a “#7” plastic and can be recycled.
Can I put the NeoSpoon in my hospital compost system?
Yes. The NeoSpoon is biodegradable and can safely be added to your hospital’s other organic waste.
What if I need more than 1/8 teaspoon or ½ teaspoon?
The NeoSpoon has two different size spoons, 1/8 teaspoon on one end and ½ teaspoon on the other. To portion out different amounts you can use either end more than once or in combination. For example:
- ¼ teaspoon = use 1/8 teaspoon twice
- ¾ teaspoon = use ½ teaspoon once and 1/8 teaspoon twice
- 1 teaspoon = use the ½ teaspoon twice
- 2 teaspoons = use the ½ teaspoon four times
How do I know the NeoSpoon is accurate?
The NeoSpoon measurements have been engineered for accuracy and are pending validation.